From customer service to technical work, without the right training, you can’t be sure your employees know how to get the job done and wow your clients. Even if you’re confident today’s tech can make repairs and handle installations on his own, what happens when you invest in new technology or an uncommon problem arises that your tech hasn’t faced before? We can probably all agree that training is critical, but how do you get your staff to buy in to this philosophy?
One thing you shouldn’t do is provide training that’s repetitive, boring or one-sided.
It’s not always easy to get employees to engage with meetings or training. Edward McFarlane notes that even the way we schedule and hold meetings traditionally combats organic engagement, but he also offers tips for getting everyone to contribute to discussions.
McFarlane comes from a background deep within the field. He himself worked as a service technician before moving into sales, marketing and management. He’s part of the team at Haller Enterprises, which has put training first to drive their success. McFarlane is also the co-founder of Schedule Engine.
If you’re looking to get actionable advice and interactive feedback about how to put training first and ensure your employees do the same, consider attending McFarlane’s breakout session at Service World Expo.
He’ll offer a session called How to Hold Kick-Ass Training That Makes a Difference and Your Team Will Enjoy. Particular points of interest you’ll discuss in this interactive session include:
- How Haller Enterprises has mastered this type of training, and how you can too
- How to create training that’s highly engaged and not just another meeting
- How to get a training program in gear to reduce turn over and attract top talent
While you’re at Service World Expo, don’t forgot to check out all the other knowledge you can take back to your business.
- CHRIS HUNTER – Learn how to gain customers and technicians using social media
- LAURA NELSON – Improve your contracting business’ presence on Google, Yelp, Facebook, and Nextdoor to build your brand
- MIKE MONTANO – Learn how remarkable customer experiences is the best way to market your business
- Marketing Innovations Panel – Panelists discuss strategies, including embracing new technology, for more efficient business marketing
- Moderator: Larry Taylor, Crystal Williams, Shawn Henson, Ben Stark, Abe Romero
- BRIGHAM DICKINSON – Improve customer interactions to increase business
- MATT BONFIGLIO – Discover how to provide the best possible experience to win customers for life
- STEVE MORES – How to get the most out of every employee training
- Jeff Crandall – Six proven winners that will make your field process the strength of your company
- JOE CUNNINGHAM – Learn how to make your company more visible
- EDWARD MCFARLANE – Learn how proper training program can reduce turn over and help you find new employees
- TREVOR FLANNIGAN – Discover methods to find and keep experienced residential technicians, plumbers and electricians
- JIM BATSON – Learn how to scale business with outsourcing
- TOM D’AMICO – Receive a demonstration of the latest innovations in artificial intelligence (AI) engine’s
- ROSS BIESTMAN – Discover the implications current technology trends pose on the Home Services Industry
- BRENDAN REID – Find out how the newest HVAC technologies can provide you with unprecedented business growth opportunity
- CAROL LONGACRE – Learn the threat, opportunity, and everything you need to know to get started in Connected Home field
- STEVE MILES – documenting and implementing repeatable processes and procedures
- KENNY CHAPMAN – Learn to build a solid systems in your company to provide income and freedom
- FRANK BESEDNJAK – Learn the environment and routines that will make you and your team become more ambitious, attentive and looking for ways to improve in performance
- BUSINESS TRANSFER PANEL – A Tell-All Panel on Selling or Transferring a Business
- Vicki & John La Plant Moderating, Panelists: Kevin Frump, Tom Peregrino, Kelly Schols, Alana Ward
- BRIAN HENDERSON – Waste reduction through better inventory management
- MARK EATHERTON – The latest innovations in hydronics
- TIM MCGUIRE – Tracking and reclaiming refrigerant
- MELANIE GENTRY – Understanding compliance in the service industry
- FAMILY IN BUSINESS PANEL – Navigating the Challenges of Mixing Family and Business
- Moderator: Carol Longacre, Panelists: Amber Sewell, Ryan Snow, Sean Stark, Joe Strittmatter
- LYNN WISE – Learn the Profit First Assessment and Rollout Plan
- BILL PALMER – Fix business operations through accounting
- LISA MCCARTHY – Learn how to automate your accounting programs and what your financial statements say about your business
- MICHAEL BOHINC – Reduce losses through fraud
Sign up now to get access to all this knowledge for the online registration rate of $249,
a savings of $50 per person